The latest residential security solutions are becoming more capable every year. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to complete basic security duties like turning on your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to worry about these chores again? With geofencing in Youngstown, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Youngstown For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary around your residence, which you are able to customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then tracks your cell phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components use to communicate with each other. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by putting all devices onto the same network. You can then draw a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your home and assign particular actions when you go past the specified border.
For instance, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you can instruct your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the devices you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your home security system in Youngstown. With the security app, you can make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart devices to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to tell you that it's bedtime, or disarm your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific components come alive based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to switch on the fan when the CO detector goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your security camera notices abnormal activity in the yard.
● Set a scene: Create custom room scenes with components that all act in unison. Make your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks bolt at the end of the day. Or set the mood for movie night with specific lighting and HVAC adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to set your alarm when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Youngstown
Whether you seek added peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (330) 355-9086 or send in the following form to start designing your ideal security system.